Friday, December 2, 2011

Why I chose Islam!

Assalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

This is my second post. In my first post, I mentioned that I am a revert, have reverted from Hinduism to Islam. A common question which comes to me most of the time is why I chose Islam.
So, my story goes as follows.

I belong to a very open minded middle class and religious hindu family. My parenst believe in one god but at the same time they follow something which is forbidden in Islam. According to them there is only one god, but they believe that god took birth on earth in different forms and hence they follow all the forms.

Since childhood, I used to question my parents a lot of things like, have we seen god? how can god take birth? the idols whom we consider as god, how do we know that god looks like this? why do we do so and so customs in the name of god? bla bla bla! My dad always used to answer me one thing, “This is what we have been following and this is what society follows”. My mind never settled, but I never ever thought of finding out the reasons. I had no muslim friend at that time and therefore was confined to the views of hindus only.

When, I got admission in the university for my Bachelors, Alhamdulillah, I met a lot of muslim people. I got to interact with people who have a completely different way of understanding and who live their life in a different way. Infact, my room mate was a muslim, so I could actually see what all activities a muslim do in his day. I slowly got influenced and a time came, when I was actually reading books and googling on the internet to find more about Islam. I was keen to find out answers to all my questions. I started questioning my parents more frequently, and if they were not able to answer my question, I would tell them what all I found in Islam! And one day, after getting fulling convinced and after getting convinced that there is no god but Allah, I decided to follow the truth, read the shahdat and asked Allah subhana-wa-tala for forgiveness. Did ghusl and started learning how to pray!

Today, I can say that I am a muslim by choice. This is what ‘taqdeer’ is and this is how Allah subhana-wa-tala helps a person to know the truth of this duniya and helps him in following the right path.

May allah subaha-wa-tala show the correct path to all of you and help you here and hereafter.

Ameen.

Jazakallah Khair.

1 comment:

  1. Walaikumussalam Wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatohu. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said: “Every child is born in a state of fitrah (the natural state of man, i.e., Islam), then his parents make him into a Jew or a Christian or a Magian.” (Agreed upon). We can see the natural inclination of this brother which led him to Islam. May Allah bestow Mercy on Him and Make him guided .Ameen

    ReplyDelete